I came across a recipe on line to make butterscotch pudding cookies. The cookies turned out well but the dough was so stiff and hard to work with.
I decided to modify my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe and created these butterscotch pudding cookies.
Butterscotch Pudding Cookies
1 cup butter (or margarine)
1 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 box instant butterscotch pudding mix (113g)
1 1/4 cups butterscotch chips
1. In a bowl combine butter and brown sugar. Mix well.
2. Add egg and vanilla until well combined.
3. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and butterscotch pudding mix and mix until combined.
4. Mix in butterscotch chips.
5. Drop by tablespoon full onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten tops slightly before baking.
5. Bake in a 350 F oven for about 10 minutes.
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen