Cherries are in season in my local grocery stores and limes were on sale so what better to make than muffins! I adapted a favourite recipe to make these cherry lime muffins. They are light in texture and have a nice citrus flavour. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cherries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2. In large bowl whisk eggs and gradually add sugar.
- 3. Add oil, vanilla and zest and juice of lime.
- 4. In a separate bowl stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- 5. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture, alternating with the sour cream.
- 6. Fold in cherries.
- 7. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 8. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.
Yield: 12 muffins