There were some ripe bananas at home that needed to be used so I decided to make one of my favourite loaves: Pineapple Banana Loaf. The loaf is so flavourful and moist!
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup undrained, crushed pineapple
1 1/2 cups canola oil
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5 bananas)
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine first 5 dry ingredients. Beat remaining ingredients together in large bowl until blended.
2. Add dry ingredients, stirring until thoroughly combined.
3. Spread in two greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pans.
4. Bake at 350F for 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Cool 15 minutes in pan, then remove to rack and cool completely.
Recipe Source: Robin Hood Baking Festival Booklet from 2000.