I came across a recipe for granola bars that looked to hold their shape well and decided to try them. I've tried a few different recipes for granola bars that fall apart which is disappointing. I modified this recipe using ingredients I had on hand.
4 cups Dorset Cereal (I used simply nutty muesli kind)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (300 ml)
1/4 margarine, melted
1. Place oven rack in center position. Heat oven to 325F.
2. Combine all of the ingredients mixing well.
3. Place mixture in a parchment paper lined 15" x 10" baking sheet.
4. Spread mixture in pan using a spatula.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
7. Cut into squares or bars to the size of your choice.