Friday, March 6, 2015

Live Clean Professional Age Resist Shampoo/Conditioner

I have been using the Live Clean Professional Age Resist Shampoo and Conditioner for about a week now.  I was leary about trying these products as I haven't had a good experience with natural hair products in the past.  I once tried a natural brand that left my hair in tangles, with an oily scalp and dry ends. I ended up using the shampoo for a body wash and the rest of the conditioner still sits in the bathroom cabinet.  I was not impressed and since that experience I have been cautious about trying natural products.

These Live Clean products are 98% plant derived, phthalate free and paraben free.  They smell great with a light, fresh fragrance.




The shampoo is clear in colour and it doesn't lather as easily as non-natural products.  I find I need about twice the amount of this shampoo to get the lather I want.

The conditioner is a milky white cream consistency that leaves my hair soft and silky.

The first few times I tried the shampoo and conditioner I found that it left my scalp somewhat oily.  After a few uses the oiliness disappeared so I'm not sure what happened.  I do make sure to really scrub my scalp with the shampoo and rinse thoroughly. With the conditioner I just put it on my hair and not rub it in and again rinse very thoroughly.

My hair tangles more easily with these products and it can be somewhat difficult to use a wide tooth comb through my wet hair.

Overall, for natural based products I am learning to love the age resist products.  When my hair dries it feels soft, smooth and silky like it does with non-natural products.  Using these products has changed my opinion in that there are really good quality natural hair products out there that work well.  You just have to experiment with products to find what will work for your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment