My last post was about Oreo Truffles. I decided to try a variation to that recipe and make Gingerbread Oreo truffles. I think they turned out well although I found the white chocolate difficult to work with when dipping the truffles. The chocolate didn't want to stay smooth and got a bit lumpy even though I kept it on the double boiler while dipping the truffles into it. Maybe the chocolate got heated too much?
1 bag of Gingerbread Oreo cookies (265g)
1/3 of a 250g tub of cream cheese
White chocolate wafers for melting
1. Half cookies and place in a food processor until crumb consistency.
2. Add the cream cheese and mix well in food processor.
3. Roll mixture into balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. Place in freezer to firm up.
5. Melt chocolate wafers in a double boiler.
6. Dip oreo balls in melted chocolate.
7. Place in freezer to get firm.
8. Drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate if desired.