Monday, May 20, 2019

Rhubarb Muffins

Rhubarb season is on now where I live.  Yay!!  I love baking with rhubarb.  I dusted off my recipes and pulled out this one for rhubarb muffins.  They have a cinnamon sugar topping that makes them extra special.



Rhubarb Muffins

Ingredients for Muffins
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups chopped rhubarb

Ingredients for Crumb Topping
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. margarine, melted 

Directions
1.  Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
2.  Combine wet ingredients in another bowl: egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
3.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir till combined.
4.  Fold in rhubarb.
5.  Fill muffin liners (I used regular liners but next time I would use the tall liners with high sides as the crumb topping spreads onto pan).
6.  Combine crumb topping ingredients: sugar, cinnamon, margarine.
7.  Sprinkle muffins with crumb topping.
8.  Bake at 375F for about 18-20 minutes.

I was able to get 17 muffins by filling the liners about 3/4 full.  

No comments:

Post a Comment