Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I've rediscovered a love of oatmeal raisin cookies.  I'm generally not a fan of raisins but in small quantities like in cookies I tolerate them.



 I came across this recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies and have made both the coconut oil version and the butter (or in my case margarine) version.  I think I prefer them with coconut oil as it gives the cookies a subtle coconut flavour and the dough is stiffer leading to less spread on the cookie sheet.  When I used margarine the cookies seemed to spread too much on the cookie sheet during baking.  Overall, they are a great cookie.  Thick and chewy and delicious.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup coconut oil or butter (or margarine), softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375F.
2.  In a bowl cream together the coconut oil and sugars until smooth.
3.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4.  Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5.  Add oats and raisins.
6.  Scoop dough on to ungreased cookie sheets.
7.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

Yield: 4-5 dozen


Recipe Source:  http://www.homeschoolingmom4two.com/2013/12/totally-scrumptious-oatmeal-raisin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment