Friday, January 21, 2022

Yet Another Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

 Here I am with yet another chocolate chip cookie recipe!  Can you tell I love chocolate chip cookies and am trying to find the perfect recipe?  I'm looking for a cookie with a nice color (not pale), crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and a tiny bit of height to it.  This cookie checks off all my boxes!  Yay!  

I've posted other recipes for chocolate chip cookies on the blog and they are good in their own right but just not what I would call the "perfect" cookie.  Everyone has their own idea of the perfect cookie and this cookie for me, so far, is it!

I was hesitant to try this recipe as it is different than any recipe I have tried.  It has no brown sugar in it, only white but with the addition of molasses.  The molasses threw me for a loop but honestly you can't even taste it in the cookies!  I guess the white sugar with molasses somewhat subs for brown sugar.


So without further ado, here is the recipe:


Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 cup + 1 tbsp. white sugar

1 tbsp. fancy molasses

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:

1.  Using a hand mixer combine butter, sugar and molasses.

2.  Beat in egg and vanilla.

3.  Mix flour, baking soda and salt into wet ingredients using a mixing spoon.

4.  Stir in chocolate chips.

5.  Chill dough for 45 minutes.

6.  Drop by heaping tablespoon on to parchment lined baking sheets.  (I used a 1.5 tbsp. cookie scoop).  Flatten tops of cookies ever so slightly.  (HINT: Add extra chocolate chips to tops of dough balls to make them look extra pretty).

7.  Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment